Electrical Design Engineer – Control Panels
Location – Glenrothes
Hourly Rate – £Competitive DoE
Duration – 6-months (+)
Established in 1984, Edgar Stewart’s Client is an established supplier of instrumentation sales, electrical and instrumentation project management, system integration for industrial and process control. They have successfully and continually expanding their customer base, industry knowledge and expertise in a global market to Instrumentation.
Due to an increase in workload they seek an electrical designer with experience of designing control panels for a minimum 6-month contract to be based from their head office in Glenrothes.
As Electrical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for produce quality designs and schematics for our Client’s customers, as well as providing design solutions and production of deliverables to the required standards.
Key duties will include, but not be limited to:
* Design control panel and systems, for various projects, selecting and choosing the correct and appropriate equipment and parts required to manufacture or install systems in-site
* Using E-plan drawing package and Auto-cad, create the electrical schematics for control systems that are fabricated on-site and create further schematics for installation of these systems
* Work efficiently and safely to ensure panels are built on time and customer expectations are met
* Communicate with key stakeholders, seeking clarification on project requirements when required
* Shared line management responsibility of an Apprentice, ensuring specific feedback and on the job training is provided
* Provide remote support over the telephone to our Engineers, assisting them solve problems on-site
* Support engineers on-site when required, assisting with complex problems
* Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations
* Drawing up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software
* Ensuring H&S processes are followed within the Workshop and on-site
* Develop systems and procedures to improve the department
* Use the relevant IT systems, including E Plan, Auto Cad, SharePoint, Microsoft Excel, Word, Projects and other applications as required
To be considered for this role, you will ideally hold a minimum HND Electrical Engineering qualification coupled with strong design experience within an industrial setting.
In addition, you will demonstrate the following:
* Flexible approach to working, including working within Head Office and on-site at customer locations
* Good knowledge of H&S, risk assessments and safe working practices
* Competent user of E Plan and AutoCAD
* Good grasp of mathematics
* Able to work as a team and independently
* Good time management and planning and organisational skills
* Excellent communication skills, and ability to engage with all stakeholders
* Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects
* Able to solve problems that arise
In return our client is able to offer a minimum 6-month contract with competitive rates of pay. This could also lead to a permanent opportunity for the right candidate
For further information regarding this role, please send your cv to Sara Zorriasatein or apply via our website.