£EXCELLENT PLUS BENEFITS, PERMANENT ROLE
ESS Recruit’s client is part a multi-national group, who design, manufacture, build and test of gas analysers and gas emission monitoring systems. Their equipment is found in a range of industrial settings and applications, including petrochem, FMCG and hazardous engineering environments. They now need to make the key hire of an Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer (electrical design bias).
Reporting to the Sustaining Engineering Manager you will be responsible for creating and maintaining electrical and mechanical subassemblies for a diverse range of niche products.
- Low Voltage electrical distribution design & control panel design and prototyping
- Selection and design of compressed air systems and components
- Creation and maintenance of specifications and Bills of Material
- Documentation of wiring procedures and co-ordination of technicians for production
- Estimation of project timescales and labour & material costs
- Occasional site visits to support external testing and customer trials.
- Design and development of production test fixtures.
- Solid understanding of Electrical-mechanical integration.
- Working knowledge of CAD tools such as SolidWorks Electrical, Eplan or AutoCAD
- Creating new and modify old Electrical wiring diagrams/ Schematics with eCAD tools
- Strong and versatile technical problem solver
- High level of practical electrical skills, e.g. panel design and wiring
To apply to this role please contact our retained recruitment partner Katie Hydes at ESS Recruit in Edinburgh.