ELECTRONIC DESIGN ENGINEER
BASED LIVINGSTON – EXCELLENT SALARY DOE PLUS EXCELLENT BENS
Based in Livingston, ESS Recruit’s client comprises of a group of European companies engaged in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of analytical systems, life science equipment and laboratory instruments with operations dating back to 1920. Now part of a global multinational business, they are setting up and looking to aggressively expand a new research and development operation based from Scotland, supporting group companies and product families across Europe and Asia.
Ongoing commercial success means they now need to make the key hire of an Electronic Design Engineer. This role may be suitable for recent graduates with some industrial experience, or engineers with more experience looking to progress into their next role.
Reporting into the Senior Electronics Design Engineer, the Electronic Design Engineer will join an expanding and exciting R+D group. You will contribute to the development and testing of scientific instrumentation and laboratory products. The role will require the ability to fit in well as part of a team, whilst also being capable of working independently. Key responsibilities will include:
- Assembly and testing of prototype PCBs, wiring harnesses and devices.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Working on a range of technologies within the analytical and life science instrumentation sector, supporting the development of diverse product ranges.
The relevant candidate can demonstrate:
- Degree or higher in an electronics or electrical engineering discipline
- Experience of soldering, wire crimping, and assembly of prototype electronics.
- Basic experience in schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Some experience in programming in C / C++.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
If you are an ambitious Electronic Design Engineer, really committed to joining something new, fresh and totally innovative then we would love to hear from you. The scale and variety of opportunities and technology to work on makes this one of the best and most exciting electronic design opportunities in Central Scotland. A highly competitive salary and package tailored to your experience is on offer for the right candidate. However, the chance to be part of something truly unique makes this too good to refuse.
Please send your CV to our retained recruitment partner Katie Hydes at ESS – 0131 603 5803 or email firstname.lastname@example.org