DAY SHIFT BASED LIVINGSTON – BASE SALARY £EXCELLENT PLUS BONUS / BENEFITS
Based in Livingston, ESS Recruit’s client is a well-known and highly successful life sciences and medical device business and part of a global multinational. From their high-volume manufacturing site in Livingston, the company supports a range of eye care medical and life science products. An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Production Supervisor to lead their Fermentation and Formulation departments.
Reporting into the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will have the opportunity to support the development and manufacture of new and existing products. You will be responsible for leading a small team of operators across fermentation and formulation, building in rigour, KPIs, continuous improvement and developing an excellent team based culture. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day operations and activities within the production area to ensure the production plan and targets are achieved to a superior standard.
- Develop & maintain the department KPI’s to improve efficiencies by collecting data, identifying trends and visual aids.
- Identify, implement and sustain process improvements.
- Responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety associated with in the production areas.
- Effectively manage and support direct reports through performance management, absence, annual appraisals, training and development.
- Document, support and investigate quality issues using non-conformances, change controls, deviations and implement corrective actions via route cause analysis.
- Identify, coach and develop individual training plans and requirements for direct reports.
- Monitor critical process parameters and act on deviations within the manufacturing area to ensure efficient production.
- Liaise with upstream area leaders, production manager, production planner and Quality Assurance regarding scheduling or quality issues.
- Contribute as a member of the second-tier management team to drive the business forward.
You are ideally educated to HNC/HND / time served (degree preferred) in a technical, engineering or scientific discipline. Candidates will need to have some production management / supervision or shift management experience. This will suit Production Supervisors / Shift Leaders / Shift Managers from a range of volume production environments including; medical devices, chemicals/fine chemicals, biochemistry, life sciences, food and drink and pharmaceuticals.
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly successful, stable and fast growing business. Excellent long term career opportunities are on offer for the right candidate, along with a competitive base salary plus bonus, multiple benefits and flexible working conditions. As it stands the position is a day shift role.
To apply for this role please send your CV to our recruitment partner Katie Hydes at ESS Recruit in Edinburgh.