Front-End Developer – New market entrant
Competitive salary and benefits
ESS Recruit is excited to announce we are working exclusively with VKS, a Canadian company setting up office in the beautiful Edinburgh City Centre. VKS makes it easy for companies to throw out paperwork instructions & transform into a digital factory.
We are seeking a talented, passionate Front-End Web Developer who will be based in the WeWork office space in George street, Edinburgh.
As a team member, you will participate in the creation and maintenance of a dynamic front-end Web application. The team works at a fast pace on an awesome product that is constantly evolving and improving, so we’re looking for someone who can pick up on things quickly. Your job will be dynamic, interesting and challenging.
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years’ experience developing rich, large-scale web applications;
- Significant experience with technologies like ECMAScript 6/7, TypeScript, React, Redux, Jest (or alternatives), Enzyme, Sass, Node.js, and Webpack;
- Experience with Web Services and REST;
- Experience with GitHub or an equivalent source management system;
- Experience in user analysis, usability testing requirements analysis, and functional specifications;
- Experience creating mobile/tablet-friendly interfaces;
- Knowledge of SVG, Ant-Design, etc.;
- Knowledge of all modern browser types and their various idiosyncrasies;
- Prior experience in a LAMP development environment;
- Significant web design experience taking projects from concept to code to market;
- Experience with collaboration tools like Google Docs and Jira;
- Strong understanding of web standards, accessibility and best practices;
- Have detail-oriented and strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently while participating actively in an Agile/SCRUM environment;
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities;
- Strong organization skills, self-motivated, team player, multi-tasking capability;
You will work with a passionate and dedicated team that offer a respectful and healthy work environment. You can also expect a competitive salary and benefits.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Angelique at ESS Recruit Edinburgh, email@example.com