ESS Recruit’s client was founded in 2016 after winning the prestigious Scottish Higgs EDGE 2016 for its development of a Graphene layer manufacturing process.
With industry standard cycle times to produce Graphene in the region of 16 hours the disruptive (patent pending) design for manufacture (DfM) process (patent pending) creates 3D graphene in seconds and therefore enables high volume manufacture.
The company is looking for a full-time experienced Senior/Principal Laser Engineer to join their innovative team. You will be the ‘go-to’ person for all technical challenges involving Laser technology. You will be responsible for supporting both the R&D and Production teams in the development and testing of new laser solutions.
- Taking ownership of developing existing laser equipment to meet, and improve, existing production requirements
- Specifying, procuring and developing new laser equipment to further develop production methods
- Resolving novel technical challenges and providing design improvements
- Designing, setting up and running experiments, feasibility studies and testing of prototypes
- Documenting set-up, maintenance and quality control procedures in the form of work instructions and training of production personnel
- Use knowledge and experience to generate new cost effective and timely solutions to problems
- Collaboration with the development team and the generation of relevant reports aimed at improving product development and operational efficiency
- Support dissemination of knowledge internally in order that teams are informed of relevant progress on solutions and issues
- Ensure that all the safety regulations, practices, and procedures are followed, thereby taking care of the safety of the staff and the equipment
Skills and qualifications required:
- We are able to consider a range of backgrounds and experiences, so applications are invited form those including existing Laser Engineers, Senior Engineers, and Principal Engineers, PhD students close to completion, and Post-doctoral Researchers. The level at which you take up this position (Engineer / Senior Engineer / Principal Engineer) will be determined by your experiences, qualifications and achievements to date.
- Detail conscious and committed to achieving required accuracy
- Computer literate and a good communicator
- Motivated and able to work well alone and within a group environment
- Good at problem solving and troubleshooting
- Relevant industrial experience within a high technology manufacturing environment
- Broad knowledge of CO2/IR/UV lasers
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly ambitious business based in Stirling. An excellent base salary and benefits package with enhanced career development and job security is on offer. The real draw is for someone to be part of a fast-growing business offering a fulfilling and varied career.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Angelique at ESS Recruit Edinburgh. firstname.lastname@example.org