ENGINEER (MECHANICAL / ELECTRICAL) – BIOTECHNOLOGY LIFE SCIENCES MEDICAL DEVICES OR PHARMACEUTICALS
PERMANENT OPPORTUNITY, BASED EDINBURGH – SALARY EXCELLENT PLUS BENEFITS
Based in Edinburgh, ESS’s client is a well-established bio-manufacturing organisation, with an internationally recognised product portfolio. The product range includes in vitro diagnostics and medical devices for use in clinical laboratories throughout the world. The organisation also offers contract services to the bioscience industry and currently manufactures products for major global players in the Life Sciences sectors.
In this role you will be reporting into the Team Leader, Engineering & Facilities, the primary function in this role is to provide engineering support to ensure that the manufacturing and facility equipment is calibrated, maintained, optimised and functioning to expected operating standards, resulting in reduced downtime, increased yield with optimum quality and throughput.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing all engineering tasks associated with laboratory, production and facilities equipment.
- Ensuring that all work undertaken complies with Health & Safety legislation, SOP’s, statutory/regulatory requirements and the principals of cGMP.
- Drive & own continuous improvement projects by utilising the Lean tools and principles to reduce waste and improve cost effectiveness, yield and equipment uptime.
- Initiate developmental and improvement initiatives for equipment, staff and processes.
- Manage visiting contractors ensuring that all works are completed safely and in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Recognised Engineering qualification [Mechanical or Electrical] NC/HNC in Engineering.
- Time served or modern apprentice to SVQ/NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Health & Safety training / qualification.
- Relevant experience working in a similar Engineering GMP medical advice / pharmaceutical environment would be advantageous.
- A competitive salary as well as a range of core and flexible benefits ranging from private medical cover, life assurance, cycle to work, technology, and restaurant discounts.
- The role requires a Full UK Driving License as well as occasional overtime and on-call rota participation.
This is an excellent chance to join a thriving and highly successful expanding Scottish business, part of a much larger UK based blue chip business, launching new products and a medical device and volume manufactured consumable. A highly competitive basic salary is on offer with a comprehensive benefits package including company pension, healthcare and company bonus.
To apply for this role please contact Katie Hydes at ESS Recruit in Edinburgh.