SALARY AND PACKAGE EXCELLENT / NEGOTIABLE
Based in Livingston, ESS Recruit’s client comprises of a group of European companies engaged in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of analytical systems, life science equipment and laboratory instruments with operations dating back to 1920. Now part of a global multinational business, they are setting up and looking to aggressively expand a new research and development operation based from Scotland, supporting group companies and product families across Europe and Asia. They now need to make the key hire of a Manual Machinist.
Our Client seeks an enthusiastic, self-motivated, Manual Machinist to join their expanding team to be based at their site in Livingston. In this role, you will contribute to manufacturing precision components used within scientific instrumentation, and laboratory products. The role will require the ability to fit in well as part of a team, whilst also being capable of working independently.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Precision milling of aluminium, steel and plastic components from scratch using manual mills.
- Modification of components using mills and hand tools.
- Providing support and advice on the manufacturing considerations of components as required.
To be considered for this role you will have experiences of the following:
- Time served apprenticeship in machining / Diploma or higher formal qualification in a component manufacturing discipline (Candidates without formal qualifications who can demonstrate relevant experience will also be considered).
- Highly experienced manual machinist with the ability of milling precision components in a range of materials (aluminium, steel and plastic) using 3 axis vertical turret mill.
- Understanding of 2D technical drawings, including tolerances, material & finishing requirements.
- Excellent practical machining and engineering skills, including modification and finishing of components using hand tools.
- Comfortable using computer equipment and basic windows software (Email, word and excel).
While not essential, candidates with the following will be considered highly desirable:
- Experience of using Bridgeport vertical turret / knee mills, including dividing head attachments.
- Experience in using manual lathes to produce precision components in a range of materials (aluminium, steel and plastic).
- Experience of using CAD or PDM software to view technical drawings.
You are an individual who takes pride in their work and strives to produce high quality components, with an eye for detail. You will be joining a very stable and growing global technology business. The diverse range of products they make and markets served, will provide unique technical challenges and a very diverse and varied job. A good base salary will be complemented by a range of benefits. Excellent long-term job safety and career opportunities are on offer for the right candidate.
Please send your CV to our retained recruitment partner Sara Zorriasatein at ESS Recruit.