BASED GLASGOW – EXCELLENT SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
Headquartered near Glasgow, ESS Holdings’ client is an independent volume producer of III-V compound semiconductors for fabrication of photonic products going into a range of markets including Infra-Red, Wireless and telecoms/photonics. Ongoing expansion means they now need to make the key hire of a Process Engineer ideally with Dry / Plasma Etch experience.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, the Process Engineer will own all dry etch processes – RIE and ICP for semiconductor, dielectric and metal etch. This will include the process library, SPC, daily checks, process development, optimisation and sustaining. Including all related metrology. You will help drive process readiness and yield improvement projects for production to continually improve NPI and manufacturing efficiency and effectiveness. You will support transition of new processes and products from R&D to production. Other key responsibilities should include:
- Establish continuous improvement of product and mechanical yields by process characterisation, standardisation on best practices and application of effective SPC.
- Take ownership for process equipment, and report KPI’s.
- Manage and execute assigned projects.
- Own and deliver improvements in assigned process / equipment responsibilities.
- Project manage new processes in conjunction with Development Engineering.
- Develop, from concept through qualification to production, new processes.
- Ensure engineering documentation and procedures comply with ISO 9001 and most demanding customer requirements.
We are looking for candidates of graduate calibre with some post grad semiconductor process engineering and manufacturing experience. We would be especially keen to hear from candidates who have worked on ICP etching processes. Experience of developing process modules and interacting with other process engineering disciplines such as photolithography, wet etch, thin film deposition, metallisation, would be a distinct advantage.
Candidates could come from mainstream silicon or other optoelectronic / III-V or MEMs type manufacturing environments.
Our client is going through a good period of growth and stability in market sectors where technology advancement is fast and constant. An excellent base salary and package, coupled to enhanced long term job security and career advancement is on offer for the right person.
To apply to this role and find out more please send your CV to Bruce Hydes at ESS Recruit.