BASED GLASGOW AREA – £45-50,000 SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
Headquartered near Glasgow, ESS Holdings’ client is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active R+D and volume manufacturing contracts in various technology areas.
They are now working with a number of massive multi-national blue chip businesses in the global data-comms arena, and will be massively expanding their Scottish production facility. In order to meet a significant technology and production ramp they now need to recruit a Procurement and Planning Lead.
Reporting into the VP Operations, the Procurement and Planning Lead will be a key part of the broader leadership team. You will demonstrate ownership of production planning & control, resource planning & stock control, supply chain and the Manufacturing Execution System (MES). Externally you will drive supply chain cost effectiveness whilst maintaining flexibility, responsivity and cash flow. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Produce and maintain the Monthly Production Plan and Production Forecast (minimum 3 months, preferably 6 months look ahead) and communicate to stakeholders to facilitate resource and material forecasting.
- Track and report progress and accuracy including any changes (deviations / amendments) to management in a timely and effective manner.
- Plan and monitor inventory throughput the end-to-end production process, including sub-contractors, to meet customer demand.
- Manage Supply Chain; suppliers and sub-contractors, to deliver maximum efficiency and effectiveness to support OTD of Production Plan.
- Drive cost effectiveness throughput the supply chain whilst maintaining flexibility and work with Finance to maintain positive cash position.
- Analyse historical data to better predict future performance and input to production capacity model and bottleneck capacity calculations.
- Work with operations to maintain consumable and raw material inventory / supply to ensure no line down incidents whilst driving cost down without over committing on inventory (unit price vs volume).
- With the Quality Manager, score suppliers and sub-contractors quarterly.
- Supplier / sub-contractor selection, evaluation and assessment including identifying potential 2nd source opportunities.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of KPI such as actual vs plan, scorecards, inventory and cost reduction initiatives.
You are a proven Purchasing/Procurement/Planning or Supply Chain Manager or Senior Buyer/Planner with solid end to end supply chain functional experience. You are ideally educated to degree calibre and will hold relevant CIPS qualifications. We would be especially keen to hear from candidates who have worked in semiconductors or III-V / Optoelectronic manufacturing businesses. This will also suit procurement professionals who have experience in low to medium volume, high mix product manufacturing.
Our client is going through a good period of growth and stability in market sectors where technology advancement is fast and constant. An excellent base salary of £45-50,000 and package (group life insurance, income protection, BUPA and company pension) coupled to enhanced long term job security and career advancement is on offer for the right person.
To apply to this role and find out more please send your CV to our retained recruitment partner Bruce Hydes at ESS Recruit in Edinburgh.