PRODUCTION OPERATOR – FILLING
LOCATION – LIVINGSTON
DURATION – UP TO 3-MONTHS (+)
HOURLY RATE £9.93 per hour plus 10% shift allowance
Based in Livingston ESS’s client is a well-known and high successful life sciences and medical device business part of a global multinational. From their GMP design and manufacturing site in Livingston, the company supports medical and life science products in a range of markets including; orthopaedics, aesthetic dermatology and ophthalmology. An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Production Area Leader to join a successful and well-established team.
Reporting into the Filling Area Leader in the Production Team. Reporting directly to Production Area Leader, the successful candidate will be tasked with setting up and running a variety of machines to the required quality standards in a cleanroom environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up, changeover and run aseptic filling machines in a Grade B cleanroom environment, to the highest productivity levels whilst ensuring that the quality of product is maintained
- Identify and address machine faults/error recovery during normal running and quality issues as they arise
- Carry out machine maintenance and escalate any issues as required
- Routine preparation of machine parts by autoclaving
- Adhere to Company Safety, Hygiene, Environmental & Quality policies and procedures at all times
- Ensure operations are carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures & GMP.
- Monitor critical process parameters and act on deviations within the manufacturing area to ensure efficient production.
- Perform in process checks and visual inspection recording data throughout manufacturing process ensuring product is within specification.
- Completion of all batch paperwork relevant to manufacturing process following GDP.
- Takes ownership for ensuring all housekeeping duties and safe working environment are promoted.
- Team player – works as part of team to deliver results.
- Effective communication at all levels.
- Ensure all downtime is kept to a minimum and drive continuous improvement and better performance
- Ensure product meets customer and quality specifications
- Positive attitude and behaviours
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- An understanding of aseptic processing techniques and cleanroom experience in a life science manufacturing environment
- Experience of routine environmental monitoring processes
- Experience working within a cGMP environment.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, high-volume manufacturing business
- The ability to think logically and solve problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- IT skills including Excel and Word.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under own initiative.
We will consider candidates from a range of manufacturing backgrounds, providing you can exhibit the skills required for this role as well as a positive can/will – do attitude.
Training will be provided as part of this role.
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly successful, stable and fast-growing business.
To apply for this role please send your CV to our recruitment partner Sara Zorriasatein at ESS.