BASED DUNDEE –£9/HR – MINIMUM 12 MONTH FTC / ONGOING
Based in Dundee but with facilities all over the world, ESS Recruit’s client is often considered to be one of the premier and best to work for businesses in the UK. Over 50 years they have built a solid manufacturing business that supports fabrics, medical devices, space products and electronic products for clients worldwide. They are able to boast and deliver a culture and working environment second to none, geared around team work, collaboration, empowerment and knowledge sharing. They now need to make the key hire of up to 5 Production Operators.
Reporting into the cell Leader the Production Operator will join experienced teams working within an electronics assembly group, potentially working in a cleanroom environment. These roles require individuals who are committed to taking personal responsibility, holding themselves and others accountable in a supportive environment. A flexible, proactive mind-set and positive approach to learning and development is take as a given. This role may involve shift work. Some of your core responsibilities should include:
- Workshop / stores / laboratory type environment
- Assemble small components (1-2mm), work using microscopes or magnifiers
- Solder, crimp, strip cables using hand tools and automatic equipment
- Manufactures quality product within required specifications and process parameters
- Support a safe working environment
- Follow detailed work instructions
- Execute against production schedule, maintain tempo and helping others
- Develop skills and knowledge on Gore products and processes.
- Troubleshoot and disposition of non-conforming material and processes
- Support continuous improvement initiatives – identify opportunities to reduce waste & improve processes.
- Follow cleaning instructions and area organization standards
- Detect and communicate errors
- Assist in basic equipment maintenance
- Handle adhesives, moulding materials,
- Use PC based software for data recording, locating files, work instructions, Product data.
We are looking for bright, motivated and energetic production staff. This will suit Production Operators / Operatives / Associates from a range of manufacturing backgrounds. Ideally you will be experienced in the manufacture, assembly and build of small piece part assemblies, electronics/PCBs or precision electro-mechanical, soldered or cable assembly type products. However, full technical training will be given. We would also look to consider candidates who have to follow engineering drawings or those involved in the manual / assembly and build of intricate products at home or work.
An excellent base salary and a chance for this role to be extended or go permanent with one of the UK’s foremost employers is on offer for the right candidate.
If you have ever wondered what it is like to work for an employer who really values people first then here is your chance. Please send your CV to Craig Jackson at ESS Recruit.