SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (HEALTHCARE)
EDINBURGH – SALARY £35-45,000 PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Based in Edinburgh, ESS Recruit’s client is a rapidly expanding and highly ambitious medical device manufacturer, who’s pioneering medical device and software substantially increases the detection of pre-cancerous lesions of the cervix; helping women across the world treat and detect cervical cancer early.
Reporting to the Software Architect, the successful candidate will devise an appropriate structure and development roadmap for Server products. The latter will integrate disparate instruments in a network so that patient records and images can be consolidated into a single database and then mined to provide management reports and analytics.
There are obvious basic requirements that must be met around security and HIPAA compliance together with good user interface design and functionality.
The candidate will then execute the architecture through full development of the functionality.
The role will entail substantial work and collaboration with the external development team (European based) together with the internal software development team. Some travel to Greece may be required in this role.
- Must develop new and evolve existing software products to meet the agreed requirements specifications.
- Appropriate project execution to the development of the code.
- Writing software according to the company’s software development process using object-oriented methods.
- Releasing functional modules for testing and evaluation according to the project plan.
- Liaising closely with the field teams through early product evaluation and beta site testing.
- Refining code for performance and reliability improvements.
- Managing bug-list and software documentation appropriately.
Candidate Required Experience
- Technical qualification to degree level.
- Strong experience in software development, ideally with user interface, database, web server and secure transport experience.
- Strong evidence of creating / following / developing software development processes and supporting documentation.
- Strong experience of:
- UI Implementation, Cross Platform Design
- Object Orientated Design
- Database: SQL, MongoDB
- Linux:System Build/Configuration, Scripting
- Web:Front End Design – Back End Design – Architecture
- Cloud Deployment/Data Security
Candidate Desired Experience
- Networking: Medical HL7, DICOM, FHIR
- Image Processing
- Cloud development and orchestration on Microsoft Azure (Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Qt development environment
- High energy self-starter with a desire to apply skills in a company that changes people’s lives.
- Highly focussed, motivated, determined and goal oriented.
- Detail orientated – produces high quality code, takes pride in reliability and performance. Takes ownership for resolving issues & bugs. Follows processes and understands the need for regulatory compliance.
- Culturally aware and able to work effectively across international boundaries.
- Takes responsibility from concept through to customer – happy to engage with end-users and other stakeholders.
This represents a superb opportunity to join one of Scotland’s best medical device success stories, and shape healthcare for women the world over. A highly competitive base salary dependent on experience is on offer, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To learn more about this unique opportunity please contact our recruitment partner Craig Jackson at ESSRecruit.