BASED LIVINGSTON – SALARY EXCELLENT AND NEGOTIABLE
Based in Livingston, Edgar Stewart’s client comprises of a group of European companies engaged in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of analytical systems, life science equipment and laboratory instruments with operations dating back to 1920. Now part of a global multinational business, they are setting up and looking to aggressively expand a new research and development operation based from Scotland, supporting group companies and product families across Europe and Asia.
Ongoing commercial success means they now need to make the key hire of up to four Front End Software Development Engineers.
Reporting into the Software Team Leader, the Software Engineer will contribute to the development and testing of software for scientific instrumentation and laboratory products. The role will require the ability to fit in well as part of a team, whilst also being capable of working independently. Key activities of the role include:
- The design, development, testing and debugging of new and existing software.
- Working with technical colleagues to understand end user requirements, problems and issues, and subsequently develop targeted software solutions to fulfil them.
- Engages in the software development process, including writing and maintaining documentation.
The relevant candidate will have a Degree or higher in a Computer Science / Software Engineering / Electronics Engineering discipline (Candidate without formal qualifications, or with relevant science/engineering degrees who can demonstrate relevant experience will also be considered). Key skills required to undertake this role include:
- Experienced in a range of programming languages and tools including – C#, .NET, Entity Framework, SQLServer, WCF, WPF and Windows services; TeamCity, Subversion, Git; DevExpress UI tools
- Commercial software development experience, working to software coding, review and testing standards and best practice.
- Experience of writing software documentation including requirements, testing, installation and user documentation.
This will provide an ambitious front-end development Software Engineer with the opportunity to drive, and be responsible for developing next gen technology. The scale and variety of opportunities and technology to work on makes this one of the best and most exciting opportunities in Central Scotland. A highly competitive salary and package tailored to your experience is on offer for the right candidate.
Please send your CV to our recruitment partner Craig Jackson at ESS Recruit in Edinburgh.