ESS Recruit’s client was founded in 2016 after winning the prestigious Scottish Higgs EDGE 2016 for its development of a Graphene layer manufacturing process.
To support the Operation team, we are looking for a Process Development Engineer to join our team of engineers dedicated to scale up products in the energy fields.
• Design, run and test systems/processes as well as upgrading them.
• Conducting complex problem solving and cross-functional optimisation/failure investigations.
• Develop and implement new solutions to improve production rates as well as best practise routines.
• Provide necessary documentation relating to process changes as well as operating instructions.
• Manage the process costs and time constraints
Skills and experience
• Experience in production involving a combination of mechanical precision and chemical processing.
• Excellent technical skills.
• Knowledge of production processes that include a number of the following: thin-film coatings with plasma and/or laser, wet chemistry, adhesives, screen printing, thermal sealing.
• Ability to read engineering drawings and utilise CAD, ideally SolidWorks.
• Numerical analysis of data for performance modelling and optimisation.
• Development of automated data processing tools.
• Lean Six Sigma Green/Black belt.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work independently and flag and escalate issues as required
• Self-starter – solutions focused, with a hand-on approach to problem solving
• Team player and communicate effectively both inside and outside the Company
• Tenacious and resilient – sees issues through to resolution
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly ambitious business based in Stirling. An excellent base salary and benefits package with enhanced career development and job security is on offer. The real draw is for someone to be part of a fast-growing business offering a fulfilling and varied career.