WAREHOUSE & LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR
BASED GLASGOW – SALARY TO £30K DOE PLUS BENS
Based in Glasgow but with office locations in the USA and New Zealand, ESS Recruit’s client is a unique R+D and contract manufacturing medical devices and biotechnology business. Their leading edge products and manufacturing capabilities supply bio-material products for applications including; orthopaedics, dental, wound care and reconstructive surgery. The business is growing fast and they now need to make the key hire of a Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor. Reporting into the Head of Operations your role will include:
- Manage the inventory (both Raw Materials and Finished Goods) within a controlled environment
- Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained, raising purchase orders, liaising with the manufacturing and QC departments to assess future requirements and communicating lead times
- Ensure temperature-controlled areas, and any excursions are documented and investigated
- Ensure quarantine area is controlled and locked, and labelling is correctly applied
- Ensure transfer of material from Quarantine to either Release or Reject is correctly documented in accordance with current QMS procedures
- Ensure segregation of FG and RM
- Update NetSuite as appropriate with stock adjustments and order completions
- Receipt & dispatch material in accordance with current QMS (ISO13485) requirements / instructions
- Ensure incoming inspection SOP followed and documented
- Scope, install and maintain a Warehouse electronic management system, compatible to NetSuite operating systems, including bar-coding as necessary
- Prepare all relevant export documentation to ensure efficient custom clearance
- Obtain proper Vet / APHA documentation with Vet certification
- Organise collection and dispatch, notifying the relevant custom clearance houses
- Communicate with customer shipping details etc, and “own the process” from ‘door to door’
- Perform monthly stock counts, and report on variances
- Identify any out of date inventory and highlight items nearing expiry in good time, monitor ageing of stock
- Identify minimum order frequencies and efficient MOQ, taking into consideration lead times etc
- Communication & Teamwork. Liaise with customers, suppliers and employees to ensure all materials and products will be available when required
- Maintain stock levels of RM & FG in accordance with ISO13485 & GMP
- Management of all inbound material movements. Organise paperwork, including purchase orders, invoices, and maintain records.
- Ensure smooth shipment and custom clearances in that all relevant paperwork and communications are maintained throughout the process
- Continuous performance improvement of processes and systems.
- Working Environment – Design the warehouse/stores layout and how to use space efficiently
Ideally you’ll have a number of years experience in a related industry, you must be familiar with Electronic warehouse systems. Knowledge of ISO13485 and / or GMP beneficial, but not essential. Experience in Logistics desirable, as is experience in Customs processes. You need to be proficient in MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Project etc.) Evidence of having worked with MRP systems, and variance reporting essential.
This represents a great opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to take the step up to a Management level role. As it stands you can expect a highly competitive base salary negotiable dependent on experience, plus company pension, bonus and a generous holiday allowance. To apply to this role please send your CV to our recruitment partner Katie Hydes at ESS Recruit.